There are many different ways that you can help others who are in need. One of the more popular ways to help people is by donating hair. It may sound a little strange that people are looking for a hair donation, but it can serve many good purposes. The hair that is donated can be used to make wigs for people who have lost their hair for a variety of reasons. The human hair wig information that you can find about donated hair can solve this problem. If you have lost your hair due to illness or disease, and search for wig information, you will find that a wig made of real hair that has been donated is what you need. If you are interested in hair donation, you should be aware of the requirements that most of the agencies that collect the hair have. These include:
· Length of hair – Your hair should be at least 8 to 12 inches in length. It can be longer, but it needs to be at least 8 inches. The actual length that is required depends on the organization that you are donating the hair to.
· Dyed hair – some organizations will accept hair that has been dyed or bleached, but often times they will not.
· Shape of hair – As long as it is really your hair, it will usually be acceptable. Curly hair or straight hair are both useable and will be welcomed by most organizations. The natural color of your hair does not matter, but some organizations do not want hair that is overly gray.
If you meet these requirements and want to donate your hair, you need to know where to donate it and how to prepare for hair donation. There are many malls that have a day set aside where people can come in and donate their hair. They will also be able to provide people with the wig information that uses the donated hair. You can also cut the hair yourself and mail it to the organization. Many salons also participate in a donation program if interested.
In order to get your hair ready to donate, you should follow a few steps.
· Wash your hair and make sure that it is completely dry afterward. The organizations want hair that is clean and dry.
· It is best to put your hair into a ponytail before it is cut. Cut above the band that holds the hair together so that it stays together once it has been cut.
· Enjoy the fact that you are helping others in need, and your own hair will grow back over time.
Wigedu.com, or the Wig Academy, is your online source for wig classes and education. A few clicks of the mouse and you can learn all that you need to know concerning hair donation in the greater New York area. Whether you are looking for inspiring stories detailing how wig donation has helped improve someone’s life or would like to learn the art of making a wig yourself, there is no better place to find your information.
- annabanana2109 likes this
- dark0007 reblogged this from wigedu1
- dark0007 likes this
- patriciasreana reblogged this from wigedu1
- patriciasreana likes this
- hawkinsrjane reblogged this from wigedu1
- hawkinsrjane likes this
- onenil87 likes this
- onenil87 reblogged this from wigedu1
- evelynangelo3 reblogged this from wigedu1
- evelynangelo3 likes this
- johnmorr reblogged this from wigedu1
- johnmorr likes this
- br0kens0vl likes this
- wigedu1 posted this